ACA Web Consulting is a Digital Marketing agency in Carlsbad California.
We specialize in premium WordPress Websites, SEO, Search Engine Marketing and social media management.
About the San Diego Web Design Scholarship
My name is Anita and I’m the owner of ACA Web Consulting. As an alumni of the MAT program (previously IMT) at Mira Costa, I am forever grateful for the skills I learned that enabled me to run a successful digital marketing agency in Carlsbad. I believe students who are enrolled in the MAT program have an opportunity to have successful careers in the digital marketing world or perhaps start your own business like I did. I want to encourage students who are currently in the MAT program by offering a San Diego Web Design Scholarship of $500. This is a yearly scholarship.
To be eligible to apply for this San Diego Web Design Scholarship you must follow these guidelines:
- Create a 4+ page informative originally themed WordPress Website that focuses on helping non-profits in our North County San Diego Area. This can be in the form of a directory, informative page profiles, etc.
Highlighted skills utilized should encompass: Graphics, CSS, database setup & integration (manually installed database), HTML 5, responsive CSS and smart use of WordPress Plugins. You should also be able to write exceptional website content that makes sense. Search Engine friendliness, each page should encompass the necessary meta information.
- Submit the website URL along with the permission to access the backend of the website to be evaluated.
- Must be enrolled in Mira Costa and attending the next fall semester.
- Must be currently enrolled in the MAT program
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Must submit a letter of recommendation from a MAT department instructor validating the quality of your work.
- Must submit a photo of a current student ID.
- Must be an American citizen or permanent resident, or hold a valid student visa.
San Diego Web Design Scholarship Rules
JUDGING OF SUBMISSIONS
Each project submitted will be evaluated to ensure all necessary required skills have been implemented. Websites will be judged by: design concept, programming capabilities, user friendliness, responsiveness, content creation and search engine meta information for each page.
Entries will be evaluated by the owner Anita Anderson and a web developer team member of ACA Web Consulting.
The candidate chosen will receive a one-time scholarhsip of $500 which can be used for college related costs including: computer programs, tuition, books and project/class online services. Awards will be given the summer before the fall semester.
Current deadline for submission is June 30, 2017
All scholarship applications must be submitted online via the San Diego Web Design scholarship form.
Current contractors of ACA Web Consulting and their immediate family members are not eligable to apply. All other requirements are listed above. Applications that do not meet all requirements will not be submitted for judging.
ACA Web Consulting reserves the right to feature the scholarship winner and the finished website via a link and blog post on this site.